[Ansteorra] Kingdom Culture ?

Sluggy slugmusk at linuxlegend.com
Sat Sep 14 05:47:27 PDT 2002

Lord Phelippe Descors wrote:

> which Robin Hood, Kevin Costners version or Uma Thurmans (I can't think of
> the man who stars in this version I just know that Uma plays Marion)?  Both
> are good in their own rights

IMDB lists 70 Robin Hood matches, but the movie from 1991 with Uma
Thurman as Maid Marian also starred Patrick Bergin (Challenger from TV's
The Lost World) as Robin (http://us.imdb.com/Title?0102797). This
particular version carries high marks for accuracy, at least from one
reviewer:

"For students of medieval history, this English version of Robin Hood is
a VERY accurate re-telling of the classic Sir Robert Hode, 4th Earl of
Huntington ( a real person ) legend. Well written and adapted for the
screen, expertly cast, and superbly directed by English director John
Irvin, this relatively low budget production has never received the
accolades it deserves. If you prefer the "Hollywood formula", American
version with Kevin Costner, so be it. But if you prefer to be
transported back to another time and place, to see an accurate glimpse
of medieval history come alive on film, see this version. Excellent!"

For the curious, the other Robin Hood matches are here
http://us.imdb.com/Tsearch?robin+hood

Sluggy!