[Ansteorra] 3 Questions...

C. Weed cweed at austin.rr.com
Wed Sep 25 02:35:07 PDT 2002

Lorraine asked:

1. What are 3 things you like about the SCA in Ansteorra?

*The friendships I've forged here... I wouldn't give them up for the wide
world.
*The generally forthright way things are dealt with here, politically
speaking. (eat your hearts out Atenveldt/East)
*The high value we place on the fencing community. (they fight with *real*
swords... *DUHHH*)

2. What are 3 things you have been doing in the past 6 months
in the SCA that you enjoy?

*Shakespearean theatre.
*Fencing... specifically: redacting the fighting styles of ancient masters.
*Researching for a new persona... clothes, culture, food, etc.

3. Who are 3 people in Ansteorra who best personify the attributes of
Ansteorra?

*Duke Kein- nobody wears an Ansteorran star tabard quite as comfortably as
His Grace.
*Sir Corwin van Zanten- he puts the "woo" in "WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!"  You
can't be around him and not be smiling.
*Mistress Mari- raising chickens in the back yard... in the city.  Period
chickens.  How much more "Ansteorra" can you get?

Honorable Mentions: Sir Henri (as much for his honor as his accent), Sir
Kief, Don Eule, Countess Octavia, and Centurion Jean Paul de Sens for the
not-yet-a-peer category.

Ritter Dieterich Kempenich von Eltz