[Ansteorra] 3 Questions...

Reihla at aol.com Reihla at aol.com
Wed Sep 25 11:56:33 PDT 2002

> 1. What are 3 things you like about the SCA in Ansteorra?

1)  Our Kings and Queens actually get to run things...
2)  Ansteorran chili.
3)  Courts can be fun.

> 2. What are 3 things you have been doing in the past 6 months
> in the SCA that you enjoy?

1)  A&S stuff (metalwork, enameling, weaving, drumming, calligraphy & illumination - sorry I couldn't pick just one)
2)  Seeing more of my old friends than I have in a long time.
3)  Meeting more new people than I have in a long time.

> 3. Who are 3 people in Ansteorra who best personify the
> attributes of Ansteorra?

Sorry, I can't limit it to 3 either.  Actually, I have scores of people who are my Ansteorran role models.  I just picked a few to list here.

Her Excellency Caitlin Anna ni Seanain - though she's been gone almost 7 years, for me she is still the personification of Ansteorran grace and generosity.

His Grace Inman MacMoore - though we disagreed as often as we agreed on politics and people, for me he is and always will be the epitome of an Ansteorran King.

Baroness Gwyneth of Ramsey Mere and Baroness Arafel of Caer Lleon - Both ladies had great love for the baronies they led and showed me what a true medieval Baroness might have been.

Sir Hildebrand von Tiel - Our knight-squire relationship defined my view of fealty.  I learned from day one that the King is the King, whether or not I agree with him - truly an Ansteorran concept.

Wiesenfeuer