[Ansteorra] Mentoring

Reihla at aol.com Reihla at aol.com
Wed Apr 9 09:54:11 PDT 2003

Robert said:
> In Northkeep we have two autocrats for every event.  We try to pair up
> one experienced autocrat with one new autocrat.

We've been doing the same thing in Wiesenfeuer.  It works pretty well.  Quite
a few people who felt reluctant to try an event all on their own stepped
forward and learned how to do the job well by working with someone
experienced.  MIn several cases, these folks have gone on to serve as the
"experienced" half of the autocratting team at later events.

As far as offices are concerned, our officers have all been working to take
and train deputies, which seems to help keep offices filled.  There are a few
offices this hasn't really worked for, but we're lucky in that we have many
experienced former kingdom officers in the barony who are always willing to
help our local officers when they have questions.

Kat
Baroness of Wiesenfeuer