[Ansteorra] Duct Tape and Warts

Gerita hpockets at verizon.net
Thu Apr 10 11:04:40 PDT 2003

The question of using duct tape in a medical treatment plan is interesting.
I agree with one statement that has been made:  ask your own doc before
doing this.  Most likely, the adhesive will stick to the top of the wart
and, when you remove it 5 days or so later, tear the wart off too.  This
Might work, if you put a wart-killing preparation on first.  Otherwise, you
may very well be left with a painful hole in your integument.  I've not seen
anything that says the adhesive is any more toxic than others out there,
it's just that the stuff is meant to stick Forever.  I'm sure some of us
have removed duct tape from skin and noticed this little factoid, too.  Ian,
i think the SCA would be long-gone if this stuff were truly poisonous, as
would the HVAC workers who handle it all day long.  It's the old story of
using an item designed for x-use for something else.  Caveat Emptor. . . . .

Gerita