[Ansteorra] a question

beth at stormreaver.net beth at stormreaver.net
Tue Apr 29 11:54:46 PDT 2003

Perhaps it is because I am blessed to participate in the Northern Region
Barony of Northkeep (Tulsa, OK) that I can honestly say that in the year+ I
have been involved in the SCA that I've not been exposed to *any*
unpleasant political games or situations.  There have, as exists any time
there is more than one person standing in a room, differences of opinion.
But I've not seen any Machievellian tactics of any kind. Though new, I am
an active participant, attending Populace every month, attending events in
my area, am getting into guild meetings, and other gatherings.  I've been
working with the staff for a major Kingdom level event, and have seen only
grace under pressure and teamwork, welcome and encouragement. I've not seen
a single instance of backstabbing or maneuvering, or 'underhanded deciet.'

So for me, I would say the numbers are happily different than yours: 100%
OTHER, 0% political iccky. That, to me, is the SCA. The shared joy of
learning, exploring, cameraderie, and service.

Respectfully,

Zubeydah the wanderer

"We make a living from what we get. We make a life from what we give. What
we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world is
immortal." - George Eliot

http://www.stormreaver.net/sca/index.html