[Ansteorra] a question

Sluggy! slugmusk at linuxlegend.com
Tue Apr 29 09:45:45 PDT 2003

joe lemming wrote:

> hi,i have a philosophical question. on sunday i heard a knight say that
 > the sca is ninety nine percent politics and only one percent other.

While politics *always* enters the equation when more than one person is
involved, I would suggest that a person making such a statement does not
speak for all of us, peer or not. I could see where a person concerned
with the politics of the SCA, which could include peers but would
certainly not necessarily exclude anyone else, could see it that way.

> since there is no honor or chilvary in politics, only nderhanded deceipt.
> does that mean that if a equals b and b equals c that a equals c?

I would likewise not make a blanket statement that there is no honor or
chivalry in politics, and I would further suggest that a person making
such a statement does not speak for all of us. I could see where a
person whose personal political experiences may have involved a dearth
of honor or chivalry could see it that way.

In summary, just because person A sees the SCA as 99% political and
person B see politics as dishonorable, I would certainly *not* conclude
that SCA politics is dishonorable.

Sluggy!