[Ansteorra] a question

YsfaelEleanor at aol.com YsfaelEleanor at aol.com
Tue Apr 29 09:52:52 PDT 2003

In a message dated 4/29/2003 11:18:04 AM Central Daylight Time,
bbt6662003 at yahoo.com writes:

> since there is no honor or chilvary in politics, only nderhanded deceipt.

             My friend, I think you are confused or at least are the victim
of measuring someone else's words against your own bad experiences.  I have
listed the definition (or several) for "politics" below.  It is likely that
what was meant was definitions 2-5, though most particularly 5.  I would
encourage you to read Aristotle's lectures on Ethics for a better
understanding of "Politics" vs. "Bad Politics."  Also, IMO, it is quite
politic to list the name of the person you quote as well as your own in such
a post as this, so that the context of the remark may be better understood.
Quotes taken out of context usually lead to grief....
             In service I remain,
             Centurion Ysfael

Etymology: Greek politika, from neuter plural of politikos political
Date: circa 1529
1 a : the art or science of government b : the art or science concerned with
guiding or influencing governmental policy c : the art or science concerned
with winning and holding control over a government
2 : political actions, practices, or policies
3 a : political affairs or business; especially : competition between
competing interest groups or individuals for power and leadership (as in a
government) b : political life especially as a principal activity or
profession c : political activities characterized by artful and often
dishonest practices
4 : the political opinions or sympathies of a person
5 a : the total complex of relations between people living in society b :
relations or conduct in a particular area of experience especially as seen or
dealt with from a political point of view <office politics>