[Ansteorra] a question

David Hughes davidjhughes.tx at netzero.net
Tue Apr 29 19:44:29 PDT 2003

beth at stormreaver.net wrote:
> Perhaps it is because I am blessed to participate in the Northern Region
> Barony of Northkeep (Tulsa, OK) that I can honestly say that in the year+ I
> have been involved in the SCA that I've not been exposed to *any*
> unpleasant political games or situations.  There have, as exists any time
> there is more than one person standing in a room, differences of opinion.
> But I've not seen any Machievellian tactics of any kind.

Of course, if the Machiavellian tactics are used properly and with a
delicate touch, no one ever sees them. :-)

Machiavelli has a terrible reputation, based on one text, intended as
a quick primer on ruling for a young man Machiavelli wasn't going to
have time to train properly.
Sort of like judging Swordsmanship solely from "The pointy end goes in
the other guy."

David Gallowglass

Though new, I am