[Ansteorra] Praline question

Susan O'Neal catmafia at swbell.net
Sat Aug 2 18:41:19 PDT 2003

I'm pretty sure these are post period, but many of you guys make them (and
are from Louisiana) and can send me recipes off list.  These are one of my
favorite things and the ones Kit's friend brought from New Orleans just
wern't that good, so I was going to make some.  This started me thinking
about the fact that this is one of those things I learned from my mom and
was never done with a recipe, you just did it and with whatever of the
basic ingredience you had available-meaning I've made them possibly
hundreds of different ways.  So I went to search for a recipe and found 10
or so and was struck by how most were things I had done, but all were
different.

I would love to hear how you all do it and what qualities the end result
had, my favorite are the thick, creamy ones-but tend to enjoy any of the
results.  I also noticed that they were either credited as being Creole,
which I had expected, and as Mexican that I hadn't.  I also found the name
of the person they were supposidly named after,
http://www.thelouisianageneralstore.com/Merchant/pralines.html

Looking forward to hearing how everyone makes them,

Susan the Curious
catmafia at swbell.net