[Ansteorra] Epithets for Landed Nobility

Chris Zakes moondrgn at austin.rr.com
Sun Aug 3 10:57:45 PDT 2003

At 10:41 PM 8/2/03 -0500, you wrote:

>> <snipped>
>>
>> Bjornsborg: Their Bare Excellencies
>>
>> -Tivar Moondragon

>> Do I really want to know the story behind this???
>>
>>    Phelippe (the Wary)

>Tell us a story Uncle Tivar!
>Aerin

It's a pun on bear/bare. Bjornsborg has bears on their arms, the group was
once called "Bear's Fort" (until the name was translated to "Bjornsborg")
and the mundane location is in Bexar (pronounced "bay-are" or "bear")
County, which is the home of the Alamo--the most famous fort in Texas.

(And I probably shouldn't mention what was common dress at Barbarian
Invitational in Bjornsborg, back in the old days. <G>)

	-Tivar Moondragon