[Ansteorra] International Fest

becalhoun at excite.com becalhoun at excite.com
Sun Aug 17 18:36:47 PDT 2003

Come and join the Barony of the Eldern Hills at its largest demo of the year.  We try to present as many aspects of the SCA as possible.  International Festival is held on the 27th and 28th of Sept.  We are located at the corner of 4th and B streets in Lawton, OK (right next to the library).

For the fighting demos;
Heralds will announce each fighter onto the field each day.  Ladies will present favors to their selected champions. ONLY AUTHORIZED FIGHTERS will be allowed onto the field.  Demo rules; not tourny (fall down when you are killed, etc..  Fighters bring a drawing of your arms on a heater shield, (1/4" thick) no larger than 10" by 12" to be posted on a list tree.

For the Arts and Sciences demos;
Both static and works in progress will be accepted.  You are encouraged to bring something to actually work on to impress the crowd.  Impress them with your skills and show the crowd how easy it is to actualy do the task.

Demonstrations of dance and fighting skills not normally a part of SCA events will be used as intermissions for the fighters.

If you need additional information please cal  or email
Baron Michel mac Donnchaid 580-252-2520 mg1m at swbell.net
Ld Shawn Colquhoun 580-536-2425 BECalhoun at excite.com

Lord Shawn
Seneschal for the Barony of the Eldern Hills