[Ansteorra] Re: [Ansteorra-announce] Jams and jellies for Protectorate

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Aug 18 15:49:28 PDT 2003

On Sunday, August 17, 2003, at 09:04 PM, Maleah wrote:
>     Part of the festivities at this year's Protectorate is a Jams and
> Jellies competition sponsored by HE Ulf and myself. This is to help
> showcase
> the aspiring cooks in our great kingdom.

> So, dig through your recipes, take advantage of the end of season
> sales and
> bring your viands to Protectorate.
For those looking for recipes to try for this interesting competition,
there are a few files in the Florilegium that might prove to be of use.
In the FOOD-SWEETS section:
marmalades-msg    (60K)  5/17/02    Period marmalades and fruit jellies
and jams
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-SWEETS/marmalades-msg.html

There are also several files in the FOOD-FRUITS section that have
information on various period fruits which might be useable in jellies
and jams. Here are two of them:
fruits-msg       (104K)  5/21/02    Medieval fruits and fruit dishes.
Recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-FRUITS/fruits-msg.html
fruit-quinces-msg (64K) 12/14/02    Period uses and recipes for quinces.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-FRUITS/fruit-quinces-msg.html

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas