[Ansteorra] REDUCED EVENTS

Nancy Wederstrandt nweders at mail.utexas.edu
Tue Aug 19 06:55:18 PDT 2003

Greetings,

I have to agree with several of the written statements but I'd like to
point out something.

Good events are well-attended whether or not they on on the calendar.  They
need to be not cookie-cutter, non-boring events.  I won't go to something
that all I do is sit and not have any exchange or things or interest.  I
expect I will attend Steppes Artisan because I really enjoy the
event.  It's an artisan event where it's low key, fun and I get to see
people who rarely can travel or only make it to this event.

I agree with Michael - the quality has to improve.  I really enjoyed events
like Maekloth, King Alfonzo's Tourney, Steppes Artisan, the Alexandrian
Symposia.   Some of the best King's Colleges have been in small
groups.  Look at Festival of Japan - It's a great even because it's unique.....

Keep in mind Regional events might be a good thing.  The smaller groups in
a region could get together and hold one for the Region.

It is true that the Kingdom is getting larger.... It will eventually grow
smaller as well.

Regards,

Clare