[Ansteorra] 10 DAYS!!

David Backlin edrei at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 19 21:10:29 PDT 2003

Only 10 more days until the Shire of Smythkepe presents Mid Summer Knight's
Dream XI: the War of the Roses.

We've got a lot planned and hopefully something for everyone:

A&S Competitions

For beginners, or those create works only for fun, we offer the Red Rose
Category. Documentation welcome, but not necessary. Entries will be
available for populace voting from 11am to 5pm on Saturday.

Have you made a period garment or armor? Do you have a well researched game
or other handmade creation? Do you have the explanations and documentation
to demonstrate your craft to others? For you, we offer the White Rose
Category. Entries will reviewed by experienced judges who can give your
effort its due. Entries need to be at the judging table by 11:30.

Children can have their talents displayed too, by showing their artwork or
things made in your very own Rosebud Category! This is not a competition and
all childrens entries will receive a participation token.

Classes:
We have a wide variety of classes being held from Waterbearing 101,
Experimenting with Period Pigment Paints, Feastocrating 101, an introduction
to the Bardic Arts (by Gleann Abhann's Principality Bard Lady Alina nic
Bhaird !!)
and much more (including COGA approved classes).

Fighting activities include:
Heavy Fighting:
Midnight Boffer Dagger Duel
Tourney of Arms (featuring The Wheel of Death)
Loot Tourney
Battle of the Roses -
Woodland Battle, Bridge Battle, much more, including a Fledgling Tourney
(authorized 18 months or less)

Light Fighting:
Duelist tourney (an ongoing tourney for the weekend)
Burning deck tourney
Torchlight fights
Favor Tourney. Entrants must bear a favor to participate)
and so much more.

There will also be a Children's Boffer Dagger tourney (details to be
announced on site), as well as Youth Combat.

If nothing else, come shop the merchants and enjoy our feast ;)

Our MSKD Website has lots more information (including the Feast Menu).

http://www.smythkeeptavern.org/

We hope to see everyone there!!!

Ld Edrei the Quiet (mka David Backlin)
Merchant-crat  Mid Summer Knight's Dream XI
August 29-Sept 1 2003
Shire of Smythkepe

---