[Ansteorra] Event Limits?

Cairenn Day cpenny at swbell.net
Wed Aug 20 15:35:12 PDT 2003

I want to chime in with my 2 cents worth.  Steppes is one of the groups
that has three calendar events a year.  We do 12th Night, were there is
a large amount of Kingdom business transacted, we host Circles, Peerages
made (many are not local), The same problem exists at Steppes Warlord.
So far Artisan isn't quite as bad.  We have this problem, simply because
of location, if you live in the north (for example), and you have
friends in the south, the Steppes-Elfsea area will allow both groups to
attend your Peerage ceremony.  We don't mind hosting all of these
Kingdom items, but it takes away from the awards given to local people.
Artisan is our best opportunity to celebrate the people of our Barony.
If we take one event off calendar, then we (and the Kingdom) loses these
chances.  What I am the most afraid of, is that groups will end up
dropping their Arts events.  Many of these will be folded into their
fighting events, this was very common in the past.  It will lessen the
importance of the Arts, and what about the person who fights and does
beautiful artwork?  If they happen to be both a squire and a apprentice,
and their Knight and their Laurel want them to enter both?  We have just
started to get stand alone Arts events, that highlight our artists, I
don't want us to go back to the time of the "stick-jocks", when they
were known by everyone, but no one  realized that their lady was a
superb artist in herself.
Please excuse me if I have been too sharp in my comments, I'm nursing a
bad toothache.

Cairenn,  Artist and former (and hope to be again) "stick-jock"