[Ansteorra] Estrella War XX

LrdWayland at aol.com LrdWayland at aol.com
Sun Aug 24 00:02:59 PDT 2003

Greetings,
 I heard there was some bit of a discussion on this list about who all went
to Estrella War. I must have missed the thread, but I sure haven't missed the
event.
 Many of us from Seawinds have been going to this event for several years. We
usually bring around 6 or more people, once we fielded 10 (I think) fighters
under the Ansteorran banner. We've gone as a Seawinds unit at times, however,
in the past three years we've fought as Legio Australis.
 If you were there at the last Estrella, you may have seen our encampment. We
set up with our Outlands allies and erected two 3-story wooden towers as our
camp entrance. I cannot say enough about the wonderful hospitality shown to us
over the many years by our wonderful Outlands neighbors. They welcome us as
long lost brothers and are very thankful for our continued support.
 Seawinds/Legio aren't the only Ansteorrans there by any means. I've seen
many from our Kingdom fighting in other units, such as the Fray and as
Ansteorrans with our Crown at times.
 The event itself is totally awesome, great battles where warriors from
Ansteorra shine upon the battlefield through our heroic deeds. I've heard fighters
from other kingdoms talking about us at the days end. Ansteorrans have a well
earned reputation as honorable and extremely deadly opponents. I hope that
even more will join us there next year to help keep our reputation alive &
strong.
 Our Outlands brothers have supported us at Gulf War, so please, let's do our
Kingdom proud by continuing to support them, make that extra effort to attend
Estrella War XX in Feb 2004.

Wayland
commander/Leg-Aus
Lt. Seawinds Shire Guard