[Ansteorra] baby update

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Aug 24 09:05:04 PDT 2003

On Sunday, August 24, 2003, at 10:32 AM, charles netterville wrote:
> Congratulations and welcome to the newest subject of Ansteorra.
>     August is indeed a wonderful time to be born. I did it myself on
> the
> 26th almost 37 years ago. The arrival of new life and unbounded joy is
> the
> perfect way to celebrate one's birthday. Tell little Heather Louise
> thank
> you for giving me just that opportunity this year. And unto the
> undoubtedly
> beaming and proud parents, I say VIVAT!!! The fun begins now. In joyous
> service, Elrique of Bordermarch

Greetings Elrique,

Congratulations, it seems we share the same birthday!

For those in the SCA who now have a baby there are a few files in the
Florilegium that might be of interest. I highly recommend those that
detail how to keep your baby safe at SCA camping events and those that
might help ease the work of caring for your children. Here are a few
from the CHILDREN section:
babies-msg       (103K)  2/ 2/01    Camping with babies.
baby-gifts-msg    (20K)  4/13/98    Period-type and SCA-useful baby
gifts.
baby-slings-msg    (9K)  2/ 2/01    Cloth slings for carrying your baby.
child-wagons-msg   (7K)  9/27/99    Wagons for hauling children at
events.
p-cradles-msg      (5K)  9/ 7/01    Period baby cradles.
teething-toys-msg (22K)  1/ 5/01    Period and SCA teething toys for
infants.

And for those whose babies are still on the way:
pregnancy-msg      (9K)  9/ 3/99    Pregnancy in period. Handling it in
the SCA.

...and for those who would like to start such a project in the future:
aphrodisiacs-msg  (15K)  7/31/01    Medieval aphrodisiacs.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com