[Ansteorra] RE: Event Income

j_smallw at titan.sfasu.edu j_smallw at titan.sfasu.edu
Tue Aug 19 22:44:56 PDT 2003

Apologies for that last post.

Yes, the numbers were for the 12 month period starting with the current month,
which is why I used the term "currently" scheduled throughout.<G>

As to some of the other questions, no, I didn't include Estrella, Pennsic, etc
as they are not Ansteorran events or events in which we are principals (like
Gulf War)

For the past 12 months the numbers break down like so :

(Note : I got these numbers from a handful of Blackstars and I know there were
some of the events that were cancelled which would bring the numbers down.  The
Kingdom Calendar deputy would probably have more exact figures.)

83 events over 52 weeks or 1.60 events per weekend.
47 weekends that actually have events (5 had no events) or 1.77 events per
weekend.
If we factor out Crown Tourneys and Coronations, then we have 79 events over 43
weekends or 1.89 events per weekend.

Breakdown by number of events per weekend :

5 weekends - no events
19 weekends - 1 event (includes Crown Tourneys and Coronations)
21 weekends - 2 events
6 weekends - 3 events
1 weekend - 4 events

I can probably dig up numbers for the past 5 to 10 years with the Blackstars I
have readily available, if needed<G>

We could factor in various out of kingdom events if we could agree as to how
many Ansteorrans would have to attend them for it to be significant for our
purposes and then be able to establish how many actually attended.

Ansgar
(Who obviously can't get to sleep tonight<G>)