Ansteorran State of Mind (Re: [Ansteorra] Kingdom Splitting: WasEvent Limits

Susan Wieland swieland at direcway.com
Tue Aug 26 04:01:25 PDT 2003

At 10:57 PM 8/25/03 -0500, you wrote:
>And was there not a song "You're the reason God made Oklahoma"
>Chiang, closet country fan

I'm reminded of an incident that occured some years back when I was a baby
in the SCA.   It was the 25 year celebration of the SCA.  Ansteorra was
hosting it.  We were getting ready to have Grand Court in the rodeo arena
in Burnet Texas.  Master Pepin was at his best as a court fool/jester and
was trying to stir up spirit in the "stands".  So he was doing a
cheerleader style "Gimmee an 'A'" yell.  Then he suddenly said, "How do you
spell Ansteorra?"  My smartass ex (who was a UT grad) pipes up,
"T-E-X-A-S".  Well the folks sitting in front of us where from Namron and
they were NOT amused.  LOL.

Damaris

In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is
weird and people take Prozac to make it normal