[Ansteorra] RE:period can be cheap

Norman White gn-white at tamu.edu
Thu Dec 11 06:27:11 PST 2003

Greetings,

impressive set of sources.

She forgot my work on a knockdown settle (bench/table) that I published
in a Shadowlands newsletter a year ago.
The settle, which disassembles to a stack of lumber, dates from about
1600 England.
It is presently in the main visitor's center at Fort Raleigh National
Historic Site on Roanoke Island near Manteo, NC.
The site is:
http://shadowlands.ansteorra.org/shadow/mar2002/Settle/settle.html

Although the original was made of oak lumber with dimensions not easily
available today, it should be relatively easy to adjust the plans to use
modern lumber.

Sincerely,
Jin Liu Ch'ang
m.k.a. Norman White