[Ansteorra] Arts and Sciences at events

Mahee mahee_of_acre at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 7 10:10:27 PST 2003

I saw a great thing yesterday at Loch Yule. There was a large comfortable carpeted open hall. The feast tables were not set up until time for feast leaving room for people to move around. This provided an opportunity for a neat thing. People sat and talked while the stitched, knitted, crocheted, lucet cord weaved, and made mice for desert. People were socializing here and there discussing numerous topic including A&S. Because of the lack of tables in the center of the room, musicians had space to practice their craft and allowed to Queen to dance her choice of dances. Hot drink and nibblies available throughout the day, lending to the comfort of the hall.

I enjoyed the fact that A&S actives happened without prompting simply because a place was available and comfortable for it. The freedom of movement in the room was what made this truly possible.

I would love to see an open area that would allow people a place to sit, socialize, and practice their crafts in comfort at future event.

Your servant,
mahee