[Ansteorra] Alternative means of support and lots of travel

HLOriana at aol.com HLOriana at aol.com
Thu Dec 4 07:54:38 PST 2003

In a message dated 12/3/03 10:40:49 PM Central Standard Time,
catmafia at direcway.com writes:
would love to know various methods of
self employment, or out of the ordinary M-F 9-5 jobs, people have that make
their SCA lifestyle go easier.  I know we have several artisans who support
themselves with their art or at least supplement their income with it.
I'm self employed as a digitizer.  This means I create designs for commercial
embroidery firms.  They send me (usually via the internet) art for logos and
school mascots and what not, and I send them a computer file that plugs into a
big multi-head embroidery machine.  They neither know, nor care, if I choose
to work at 2 am, rather than 2 pm.

Right now I've juggled my schedule to allow time for a week long cruise and I
expect to do a similar juggling act to get to Pennsic this year.

Oriana
Wiesenfeuer