[Ansteorra] Garb Question

Susan O'Neal catmafia at direcway.com
Thu Dec 11 17:05:03 PST 2003

I have heard that this seems to be the year of the diet, so many have lost
so much.  On a related note, I would love to hear suggestions for garb in
relation to this.  I figure I will wear my loose stuff while in the
process.  The seams on my cotehardie can just come in and I will wait till
I am at a goal to make up the Tudor I am wanting.

What are ways you have all handled this issue.  I know with children
growing, you can add bands around the bottom and ends of sleeves, in a
constrast.  With so many kids when they are growing fast, the garb makes it
a season and then gets passed on.  My oldest has shrunk out of her garb, so
we are in the process of getting more made.  The SCA Atkins list I'm on has
mentioned this some, but I would love more input.

Expecially with womens' garb, preganancy was a regular fact of life-so
sizes weren't a constant.  Can someone please list some ways in which this
has been dealt with in history.  I know the dear loose tunic doesn't have
this problem, but I do want some fitted stuff too and love the early Tudor
bodice.

Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions,
Susan the Curious