[Ansteorra] Feast Etiquette

charles netterville cnetterville at ih2000.net
Wed Dec 31 13:33:39 PST 2003

Alright, I just had to respond to this one...
    I guess I've been fortunate to never have witnessed such behavior as
this at an event yet. In fact, as I read this missive I found my jaw
scraping the concrete floor. ( It was cold ) I have had the honor to prepare
feasts, consume feasts, and serve feasts. All by the hands of some of the
finest artisans this world has to offer. I have never had opportunity to,
nor the desire to hurl feast into a crowd. By this time of the day I'm
usually much too hungry to even consider letting my food far from my grasp,
and even if not, Call me frugal, but I just don't see the gain.
    I must interject though that if you should have that unquenchable '
hunger ' to shot put a chicken breast into a crowd of hungry and tired
fighters and artisans, I must ask, with a completely straight face mind you,
to please wait until
'Launch ' time. Sorry, couldn't help myself. And by all means, cafe style
siege weapons take up entirely too much space, aren't period that I can find
documentation on and are terribly hard to clean making for a horrendous
smell should you forget to hose off said weapon after an event.
    I'm so sorry to make light of this. Would someone please tell me that
the post I'm responding to is merely a farce and there aren't really those,
who in a society of anacronists trying to recapture the glory and honor of
chivalry and  romance of the 13th century who would actually prefer to
recapture scenes from old Animal house reruns from the 20th
century????????  Just me being me, Elrique