[Ansteorra] Site Etiquette

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Wed Dec 31 16:08:54 PST 2003

Brian & Pam Martin (twinoak at cox-internet.com) said something that sounded like:
> In my opinion, if we want to get twitchy about our actions running counter
> to the Middle Ages, we should concentrate more on our event sites looking
> like parking lots and the other mundanity that now runs rampant at events
> and worry less about the odd grape getting thrown during a feast.

To quote Kingdom Law that I just finished re-reading before dinner:

  Article IV: Rights and Duties of the Populace
    Section 5: Maintenance of Period Ambiance
      A. No object, conduct, or manner of dress that is blatantly modern
         may be publicly display at SCA events unless permission has been
         obtained from the autocrat or Crown.
      B. Any person who displays a blatantly modern appearance is open to
         public censure by the Crown or their representative.
      C. Modern equipment such as recorders, vehicles, phones and cameras
         must be hidden whenever possible.

while I for one have been lax from time to time of violating this, I
certainly do my best to hide what I can.

Ciao,

--
Phelim "Pug" Gervase   |  "And we're always slipping thru the cracks
Bryn Gwlad - Ansteorra |   Then the movie's over -- fade to black