[Ansteorra] Re: Feast Etiquette

Aline Swynbrook alineswynbrook at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 31 23:05:42 PST 2003

While some have noted that this does not happen
frequently, or they have never seen it happen in large
scale, there are a couple points about throwing ANY
kind of food I wish to make.

Its dangerous to through things, even at your friends,
and I don't mean in the "you'll put your brother's eye
out, Bobby" sense.  You never know what allergies a
person might have or how they will react to something.
 I have worked with grils in girl scouts who can't
TOUCH peanuts, much less eat them.

Second, there is a major cost that could incur.  While
working at camp this summer, two counselors through a
surprise food fight during the last session.  Among
the clothing the camp ended up having to pay for were
$80-100 dollar t-shirts and jeans from A&F, American
Eagle, etc.  Now, imagine that something that seems
harmless hits your best garb.  I know my court garb
cost about $150 in material alone, not counting work
hours.

Its fun to have fun with friends, but remember that
feasts probably occur in semi-tight quarters, and what
you might aim at a friend could hit a former royal.

Just some thoughts.

Aline