[Ansteorra] a question for fighters

Chuck and Rhonda Leggett RLEGGETT at austin.rr.com
Sun Feb 9 09:30:00 PST 2003

Valued Friend of the Shield Warriors, Greetings!  and Much Thanks for your
Care and Selflessness!
(I was reading Beowulf just a few minutes ago - does it show??)
    It has been my experience that (of course!!) Duct Tape will accomplish
most repairs; sometimes Strapping Tape (because of its shear strength) can
better repair straps and such, and 'string' (parachute cord, heavy cotton
string such as Sash Cord, or - usually the best - leather boot/shoe-laces)
will repair almost anything.  A pair of utility scissors would be usefull
also, as there are no live blades allowed on the field of battle.
    Anything  that cannot be reasonably patched -temporarily, of course
<G> - with those items, probably DOES need an anvil.
    Again, on behalf of all those Shield-Warriors that find themselves
thirsty on occasion, I shower upon you much Gratitude.

Ever in service,
Ld Marion de la Massue              (pronounced "Massey')
House of Brick.