[Ansteorra] Question: Favorite Memories of Gulf Wars

Chris Zakes moondrgn at austin.rr.com
Wed Feb 26 17:35:38 PST 2003

At 12:16 PM 2/26/03 EST, you wrote:
>--
>Marching with the Elfsea 1st Baronial fighting unit with Arthur to the field
>singing.
>
>Now we were camped really far out at the time. By the first set of cabins and
>had to march up to where the merchants are now. :)
>
>I also remember it was warm.  Every time we get to GW I turn to my husband
>and say "Wasn't it a lot warmer the first time??? Boy I am cold."
>

>I also remember waterbearing in the woods.
>Donnel

If you're thinking about Gulf War I it *was* warmer. That one was held in
June, instead of March.

My least-favorite memory of Gulf War was the Woods Battle that Wasn't--my
group marched into the woods, killed about five Trimarians, and continued
marching... we were halfway to Alabama before we realized that something
was wrong. Then we turned around and tried to find our way out through the
heat and humidity. I can recall sitting in camp afterwards, and hearing
heralds coming through asking everyone to check on their camp mates, to
make sure that nobody had been left in the woods. It was that bad.

	-Tivar Moondragon