[Ansteorra] Things I love about Ansteorra:response to Columbia

doc at ev1.net doc at ev1.net
Mon Feb 3 11:21:43 PST 2003

It is said that trying times can bring out the best and highest in us,
and the worst.  One of the things I love most about the SCA in general
and even more this Kingdom is the responses that occur to tragedy and
trouble.  Invariably the first, or one of the first, questions that goes
out over this list: "Are all our people OK?...you guys that are in that
area check in...".  Then prayers for those effected, and words of
encouragement, offers of assistance. When the tornados hit Dallas last
year and took Duncan's roof off, every time it floods in Houston, when
the huge tornado hit Oklahoma so bad a few years ago.  If you want a
warm feeling, and to see some of the heart of this great Kingdom, go
look at the archives.  Check the aftermath of these and other such
events.  I think you'll find a piece of our Dream.

For honor and the Dream,
-Doc