[Ansteorra] Looking for a Song

Carl Chipman cchipman at nomadics.com
Thu Feb 20 09:36:12 PST 2003

I did that, and indeed got a reply.  So for anyone else who was
interested, here's the words...

Ballad of Sir Baden OR The Drunken Duchess
(to the tune of "Excursion Around the Bay")
Baroness Boudicea Ravenhair and Baroness Kateryne of Bakestondone

'Twas on a Tuesday morning Sir Badon came to call.
A challenge to Sir Rowan with hopes that she would fall.
He brought a jar of soda and a bottle of good rye.
They vowed that they would sit and drink till one of them did die.

Chorus
Oh me! Oh my! I heard the Duchess Cry
Oh me! Oh my! I think I'm gonna die.
Oh me! Oh my ! I heard the Duchess say.
I'll never go drinking at Gulf Wars so early in the day.

Several hours later the Duchess she was spent.
She stumbled from the table and to the bathroom went
Between her lamentations to porcelain divine.
She said, " I've not sobriety, coherence it is mine!"

Chorus

Duke Morguhn looked at Bayden and said "Let's take a walk"
We'll wander 'round the campsite in search of drink and talk.
The duchess stuck her head out from the royal can and hollered
"First he get's me drink and then he steals my man!"

Chorus

Sir Bayden laughed and wandered off to party on some more
He didn't even make it home 'till quarter after four.
His squire woke him up and got him out the door at eight
He had a date with the duchess and he didn't dare be late.

Chorus

The Duchess saw Sir Bayden cringing from the sun.
Although he did out drink her she didn't think he'd won
For when she raised her sword up and knocked him on the head
He turned a nasty shade of green and fell down as though dead.

Chorus ( revised in accent)
Oh me! Oh my! I heard Sir Bayden Cry
Oh me! Oh my! I think I'm gonna die.
Oh me! Oh my ! I heard Sir Bayden say.
I'll never go drinking with Duchess so early in the day.

Reprise ( normal)
Oh me! Oh my! I heard the Duchess Cry
Oh me! Oh my! I think I'm gonna die.
Oh me! Oh my ! I heard the Duchess say.
I'll never go drinking at Gulf Wars so early in the day.

Enjoy!

Baroness Kateryne of Bakestondone

**In Glorias AEthelmearc**

Jean Paul