[Ansteorra] Heroes in our midst

Armand Dragonetti dragonetti at generich.com
Sun Feb 23 18:33:09 PST 2003

Greetings Ansteorra!

I want to share with you all an amazing act of sacrafice and commitment that
I was priviledged to witness a few days ago. This Thursday past, the Noble
Baron of Steppes, His Excellency Fritz and the Baron of Elfsea, His
Excellency Daniel along with Lord Daniel of Cameron, did spend many a long
hour in chilling, unrelenting rain, loading the pieces of the glorious gate
that was to be transported to the war sight this weekend. Many, many valiant
individuals have had a hand in the creation and realization of this
endeavour. I cannot possibly note all the credit that is due from all of
their efforts, for they are many, made by many. This very weekend did a
small contingent of devoted Ansteorrans travel to the War site to assemble
this structure. It is my sincere hope that all have by now returned safe and
had a successful journey. But I do want to call special attention to the
efforts I saw on Thursday. The conditions were absolutely miserable with
non-stop rain & chilling wind, yet not a single complaint was heard. This
has been a particular hardship on His Excellency Fritz, dividing his time
among local events, a new born baby (and associated lack of sleep), untimely
illness, and many mundane travel requirements. This man deserves praise
beyond that which I can give. He, and all of those who have given so
selflessly to this effort, deserve the praise of us all and I call on my
fellow Ansteorrans to join me in doing so. For the valiant volunteers of the
Ansteorran Gulf War Gate do I give my most sincere and hearty VIVAT!!!!

A most grateful, Armand Dragonetti