[Ansteorra] Question: Favorite Memories of Gulf Wars

Carl Chipman cchipman at nomadics.com
Wed Feb 26 14:05:05 PST 2003

Gulf Wars VII.  My first Gulf Wars.  Huddled up against the inside wall
of the castle watching as hundreds of arrows, inbound and outbound,
streaked over the wall.... it was incredible.  Crouching behind the
shield in the shield wall while my unit decimated people.  Owen yelling
to Oxlade "OX!  It's the roman guy again!!!" and Oxlade cackling with
delight....

Gulf Wars XIII.  Working Security right up until the point where the
rain started.  Getting thrown out of the Ansteorran pavilion twice...
once for being too, ahem, "strident" with our singing while a bardic
circle was trying to be held...  Going to Bourbon street in garb, and
not having to use beads to get the good views cause they thought our
garb was cool...

Gulf Wars IX.  Leading the Northern Region as Warlord, and commanding an
open field maneuver, watching the units perform it, and then watching
them destroy the rear and flanks of a Trimaran side.  Singing in the
ravine after winning the ravine for the first time in many years.
Watching my lady pull his Majesty up from where she and the rest of our
unit was standing on him around the center flag in the ravine.... WHAT
GLORY!  The rememberance of the pride in Ansteorra that I felt then
causes my skin to shiver.  Running over Sir Alrik with the golf cart :)

Gulf Wars X: Dunno. I went to Ireland :) :P

Gulf Wars XI: Fighting in both Rapier and armoured combat fields.
Having the rapier fighters do the same with us.  The second open field
battle, doing something I'd never seen before... it was fun...
Commander's meetings...SHOPPING!!! Fighting Great sword in the ravine...
and doing well...

Wow, I'm all pumped up again...

Thanks for the topic

Centurion Jean Paul de Sens