[Ansteorra] Youth Academy/Ft. Hood security

Bob Dewart gilli at hot.rr.com
Thu Feb 27 05:13:06 PST 2003

Greetings and Hi There.

We've done several events out there at Camp Finlayson since 9-11-01.They
know we are coming.  They know what we do. They have a memorrandum from the
coordinator for that post activity saying we are scheduled to be there.  I
also have a copy of that document.

Besure that each adult has a picture ID.  Also that you have proof of
insurance and vehicle registration for those vehicles that do not have a DOD
decal on them.  Do not bring fire arms or illegal drugs on post.  The rest
of our historical recreation stuff is OK.

Just tell them your with the SCA and you're going to Camp Finlayson.  There
shouldn't be a problem.

Now having said all that, please note that the groups on the gates change
every 2 or 3 weeks.  Chances are it won't be the same folks out there that
was there two weeks ago.  So be nice and remember that the guy doing the
inspecting doesn't want to be doing it any more than you want it done.

The inspection only takes a few minutes.  Afterwards they'll give you a pass
that should be good for the weekend.

I'll be reminding them at the gate Friday morning of our arrival this
weekend.  I'm going to try to catch both shifts.  (That's right folks these
poor guys stand out there for 12 hours a day, so be nice to them).  For Ice
Ax they called me on my cell phone to verify we were still coming.

If there is a problem, my cell phone number is 254-760-8649.

Have a safe trip.

Gilli
Shoot more arrows.  You're bound to hit something.