[Ansteorra] you people make horrible salesmen

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Feb 28 20:48:59 PST 2003

Susan the Curious asked:
> I was just reading the Chronicles of Calontir and in their Principality
> days they took a Chartered bus to Pennsic.  That sounds like so much fun,
> the road trip would be incredible.

You think so? Well Bryn Gwlad did this for one of the last Ansteorra-Outlands
Wars. It was...rememberable.  I don't think anyone has been brave enough to
bring up that suggestion again. Find Don Alden and have him sing you his song
about that bus ride.

> On the topic of Kingdom histories, does
> Ansteorra have anything similer to the Chronicles?
Not that I know of, although there were some histories made for such things as the Ansteorra 20th? Year Celebration.

You might also find these files in the SCA-STORIES section of the Florilegium
to be of interest:
Anst-hist-msg     (86K)  3/22/01    Histories of the Kingdom of Ansteorra.
Anst-hist2-msg    (90K) 11/16/01    Anst. hist. and stories related since 1997.
Anst-sword-msg    (25K)  2/17/99    Histories of the Ansteorran Sword of State.

And of course, I'm always looking for more information. If you were around
during the early days of Ansteorra or you just have some good stories,
consider posting them to this list or emailing them to me for possible
inclusion in these files.

Stefan
(Not an old-timer. Only been in since 1988)
    Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas         StefanliRous at austin.rr.com