[Ansteorra] Question 1-1b

LEE LEMONS lemonslee at prodigy.net
Thu Jan 2 21:26:16 PST 2003

You brought up a wonderful memory for me - I held charter painting a couple of times with the Loch Soilleir group where we had painting, dancing, music practice, and weaving all going on at the same time, with people doing whatever they were interested in, etc.  We were very fortunate to have someone who had access to her apartment complex meeting room and we had such fun!  Curstaidh
 "Elisabeth B. Zakes" <ezakes at austin.rr.com> wrote:For a while, there were no really active guilds in Bryn Gwlad. Tivar and I
offered a "Craft Night" at our house once a week: Bring something to work
on, and do it in good (if slightly weird) company. There was quite a bit of
"That's really neat! Can you show me how to do that?" going on, and I think
some people got togther that mightn't have otherwise.

I recall, though by hearsay, that the Stargate had a Guild Night from time
to time in a large room, that allowed a number of folks to get together and
do their things. I don't know if there were formal guilds, but again, people
got together and got to see what the others were doing.

Also, Bryn Gwlad was offering a once-a-month artisans class on how to do a
specific thing, such as make a tunic, bake a loaf of bread, etc. It was much
more focused, but anyone was invited who wanted to learn that craft.

And, as Chiara has mentioned, King's College is an excellent forum to meet
others, find new things to do, improve the ones you already do, or teach
someone else how to do it.

Aethelyan Moondragon
Bryn Gwlad