[Ansteorra] Question 1-1b

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Wed Jan 1 20:07:12 PST 2003

Mahee (mahee_of_acre at yahoo.com) said something that sounded like:
> So what do you do when they do not exist? and no one is really
> interrested in your area?

Here are some things that one can do.

- Create a local 'guild'. It's a great way to get others interested in
  your topic. You can do small classes at FP or Business meetings.
- Internet research - websites and mailing lists. It's a great tool to
  help you learn more, especially on *if* you are insterested in the
  expense - not to mention better techniques and tools.
- Find out if there are those outside the SCA in your area. It is amazing
  what people are interested in and may not even know of things like the
  SCA exist. As well as the other recreation/hobbyist groups around.
- Travel if you can find those interested in a 'reasonable' distance
  from your area. I know people who drive more than 1.5 hours for FP
  every week for example.

Ciao,

--
Phelim "Pug" Gervase   |  "And we're always slipping thru the cracks
Bryn Gwlad - Ansteorra |   Then the movie's over -- fade to black