[Ansteorra] Signs and Wonders from the Heavens

iainmacc at juno.com iainmacc at juno.com
Sun Jan 12 15:11:07 PST 2003

        The snow keeps coming down outside, coating the world.

        It is the color of purity. It softens the contours, and makes the
mundane world beautiful. It makes the children excited, makes them want
to go out and play. It is rain made graceful. I think most would agree
that, of all weathers, snow is the one that most often gives a sense of
wonder.
        As a child living in Atenveldt, as an adult living in the
Outlands, it always made me feel safe, snug and warm, protected. I felt
as if the Gods themselves had bundled me up in a blanket. It makes me
feel that way still.
        Snow is a seldom thing in the Steppes.

        Yesterday, the Steppes held a Coronation. There was a new King
and Queen, a new Pelican, a new Laurel. There was purity, beauty and
grace, excitement and wonder. Many were the messages of love, honor and
respect. Many were the pledges of protection.
        Yesterday, in a darkened hall, Miguel and Conal stepped into the
light, and Ansteorra was changed.
        Today, the Steppes is covered in snow. It is pure, beautiful and
graceful, exciting and wonderful. The Gods whom we love, honor, and
respect, have wrapped us in a blanket of protection. This morning, the
dark and brooding clouds opened up, and turned the Steppes into a place
of pure white.
        And Ansteorra is changed.

        I find it very appropriate.

In Joyful Service,