[Ansteorra] Sincerest Apologies from James VI

James VI of Scotland jamesviofscotland at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 16 15:56:56 PST 2003

To Her Most Glorious Majesty, Elizabeth I, by Grace of God, Queen of England,
Right honourable, with Our most humble thanks for Our Noble Cousin's bountiful goodness towards Us, my wife Anne and I being unable to attend Her grand celebration upon this forthcoming Candlemas Day due to anticipation of the immanent arrival of Our newest heir, have made bold to send Our most trusted representative, Lord Ian Bruce, Esquire, Earl of Dumfries, Warden of West March, to be Our Ambassador beseeching that according to Your Ladyship's accustomed goodness, You will vouchsafe him and his wife Margery in good part; and We shall pray most earnestly to God almighty to send Your Honourable Ladyship many happy healthful new years.

The Almighty preserve Your Ladyship in health and send You a good and comfortable end of all Your great troubles and griefs.

Sterling, this Wednesday the viij of January at vij of the clock at night 1602

Your very assured loving friends and kinsmen, James IV of Scotland and Anne of Denmark