[Ansteorra] Felipe III, King of the Spanish Empire, Accepts

Filipe III of Spain filipeiiiofspain at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 17 09:08:23 PST 2003

The glorious Kingdom of Spain graciously accepts the invitation to attend the Candlemas celebration in the court of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth.  As We must attend to matters of state, attending will be Francisco Gomez de Sandoval y Rojas, Duque de Lerma, Count de Ampudia, Marquis de Denia, and members of his household.  We are honored to once again have a presence in the English court, and look forward to holding discourse with Her Majesty on matters of import.

We are particularly eager to address before the English court the matters of piracy upon legitimate trade routes by the revolting Dutch, the treatment of earnest Catholics, and, of course, the matter of the succession of the English throne.  While we certainly wish Her Majesty health and continued long life, a wise monarch will certainly recognize the importance of orderly assumption of power.

I The King
Felipe III, King of the Spanish Empire