[Ansteorra] gonna stir some bunnies

IagoAH at aol.com IagoAH at aol.com
Fri Jan 17 14:55:55 PST 2003

In a message dated 1/17/03 4:21:51 PM Central Standard Time,
rurikthered at austin.rr.com writes:

> If the wording states that the Crown must be by tournament and by single
> combat, how or even where does it say that this tournament and single
> combat
> must be a chivalric Single combat tournament and not a Rapier single combat
> tournament or even a combined Chivalric/Rapier single combat tournament
> (where the fighter must fight both styles). It seems to me that people, by
> tradition, assume that the tournament must be Chivalric and no other
> Fighting style.
>
> Rurik

While the oft quoted section of corpora may not specify by word, chivalric
combat, I believe that the initial ruling that allowed rapier combat to exist
in the SCA specifically stated that rapier combat could not decide a
territorial list (crown, coronet, or barony).

Iago