[Ansteorra] gonna stir some bunnies

Chris Zakes moondrgn at austin.rr.com
Sat Jan 18 10:14:31 PST 2003

At 11:44 PM 1/17/03 -0600, you wrote:

(snip)

> And to illustrate his point even further, suppose we let the combat be by
>rapier and/or chivalric combat? Then how about adding Archery combat, A&S
>battles, Equestrian competiton, it could go on and on.
>
>As niffty as it sounds at times, really the way it is is at least simple. I
>wish it could be different for other than Crown tournaments. Why not choose a
>landed baron by right of the most popular activity in the area? (I know that
>has it's drawbacks too.)

Problem #1: You'd still need to convince the Board of Directiors to change
Corpora to allow it. I don't see such a change as terribly likely.

Problem #2: How do you determine whast the "most popular" activity in a
given area is? Using Bryn Gwlad zs an example, do we count the number of
armored fighters vs the number of rapier fighters at fighter practice? Take
those numbers and compare then to the number of people at guild meetings?
And, as you said, what about the archers and equestrians and suchlike?

	-Tivar Moondragon
content with the current system