[Ansteorra] gonna stir some bunnies

j_smallw at titan.sfasu.edu j_smallw at titan.sfasu.edu
Sat Jan 18 22:51:52 PST 2003

Mahee,

a) at Society level "Don(a)" is the equivalent of Lord/Lady.  It is not
reserved at Society level for people who as White Scarves.  For that matter, I
don't think White Scarves are styled "Don(a) in all kingdoms that have the
award/order.  As the White Scarf is a grant level award in this kingdom, a
White Scarf could be called Honorable Lord/Lady or any equivalent of that.  (I
suppose, since Society says Don=Lord, they could be called "Honorable Don"
or "Honorable Dona").  The Constitution of the White Scarf in Ansteorra
states "It shall be recognized tradition in Ansteorra to address members of the
Order as 'Don' or 'Dona'"

b) You can't become a Don simply by winning a tournament.  (Though I've known
people in the past that wish they could<G>)

c) concerning your post about baronial championships, baronial championships do
not determine royal rank, nor does winning a baronial championship give you an
armigerous title.  Check out the OP and see where Rapier/Chivalric/A&S/etc
champion of Stargate shows up in the order of precedence.

For what it's worth, it is a good question as many people may not know or may
be misinformed about this.

Ansgar von Aachen