[Ansteorra] gonna stir some bunnies

Galen W. Bevel galenbv at ix.netcom.com
Sat Jan 18 22:11:38 PST 2003

I would agree heartily.  I would like to point out that, at least as I have
been told, this provision was not created to prevent people from doing
different methods for Crown if that was really their wish.  The idea is to
make sure that the board knows what is going on and can be aware and clear
on what is happening before the Crown tourney rather than cleaning up
after.  If there are any people unhappy about the format it is advisable to
have them aware that the idea has already been vetted and cleared by the
board than to have them try and get the tourney invalidated afterwards,
with all of the attendant mess that might cause. This way, if they don't
speak up before hand they at least know that going to the board about it
afterwards is not likely to gain them anything.

Galen Kirchenbauer

> I think it is also worth pointing out that if you do not like this
proposed
> addition -- or if you do -- you should make haste to write to the BoD and
> gift them with your opinion. The e-mail address is : comments at sca.org
>
> Dore
>
> On Friday 17 January 2003 01:36 pm, Pug Bainter wrote:
> > Carl Chipman (cchipman at nomadics.com) said something that sounded like:
> > > I know that it also has been modified recently to state "single
> > > combat", to prevent another War Crown such as was done in An Tir.
> >
> > Actually the statement that was *proposed* was:
> >
> >   Royal Lists must be conducted at a tournament announced in the Kingdom
> >   newsletter as being for that purpose.  CROWNS OR CORONETS WHO WISH TO
> >   CONDUCT A ROYAL LIST IN A MANNER OTHER THAN INDIVIDUAL COMBAT MUST
> >   OBTAIN THE PRIOR APPROVAL OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS.
> >
> > The letters in all caps being the *addition*. Since it doesn't state
> > that it has to be in individual combat normally, it is allowed in other
> > manners without this addition.
> >
> > Ciao,

--- Galen W. Bevel
--- galenbv at ix.netcom.com