[Ansteorra] king of the east..please pass along

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Mon Jan 20 08:51:37 PST 2003

Bob Dewart (gilli at hot.rr.com) said something that sounded like:
> These rules were made in a simpler, gentler, pre 9-11 times.  They should be
> modifed to taken into account the NEW REAL WORLD.  We made them, we can
> change them.  Our pretend world in fine untill someone slams a 747 into it.
> While that probably won't hurt a particular event that much, I hope you see
> my point.

And Desert Storm, and Vietnam, and ...

This is something that was kindler and gentler prior to 9-11. It is
something that was brought home to many Americans because it happened in
our country instead of someone else this time. These are all things that
have happened during the lifetime of the SCA and are taken into account
in the Board's policy.

As to employeers requiring to keep positions open, that only accounts to
companies of certain sizes and is not relevant to a non-paid position
with a volunteer organization. Not to mention that awards are not
positions.

Ciao,

--
Phelim "Pug" Gervase   |  "If you don't worry 'bout the future
Bryn Gwlad - Ansteorra |   sooner or later it's the past