[Ansteorra] Military Kings (Was Re: king of the east..please pass along)

Colete d'Evreux medievalbelle at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 21 13:26:56 PST 2003

> > In the specific case of Andreas, can it be said that he knew it
> was a good
> > probability that he'd be called to active duty?  I don't know,
> > and I wasn't
> > arguing for or against him in any case.  But I know I've heard
> > "stuff" about
> > reservists being called to active duty for the last year and a
> half.  I
> > think every reservist in the U.S. has known that it COULD happen,
> but just
> > how likely it was going to be was certainly anyone's guess.
> Knowing that,
> > they all knew that it COULD happen that they'd be activated
> > during a reign.

   Speaking as a friend of Andreas, yes He knew it was a possibility.
But that is always the case in the life of a solider. I too was in
the military (as active duty) and a Marine wife and can attest to the
lack of knowing what will happen now, next week, next month, next
year, etc. It all rests on the shoulders of the powers that be and
you never believe a word about deployments until you actually SEE it
or recieve your very own "sable alert" call. Quite often that means
going about life as if all was normal, regardless of what the news
papers say. If all reservists hung on every note from the media and
acted accordingly, they'd never get a thing accomplished nor be able
to make any form of committment. (Footnote: Whether you, as the
public, are aware of it or not, there are always deployments... even
in peaceful times.)

   Andreas is a good Marine, loves serving His country as much as He
loves serving His kingdom as King. He is very concerned with making
the right choices for His kingdom and leaving nothing undone. But He
has a strong Queen, a loyal household, helpful friends, and others
that will help carry the weight in His absence. Last I spoke to Him,
before the deployments, He knew all would be taken care of and He was
very thankful to everyone. I, for one, and very thankful of His
sacrifice and dedication as a Marine who goes to all ends to serve
and protect. Pardon me for spining the table 180 degrees, but I think
that is the bigger picture here.

Pour Dieu, Roi, et Pays,

Lady Colete
Trimaris