[Ansteorra] Fw: [TY] Death in Caid

Doug Schreffler dschref at swbell.net
Tue Jan 21 16:48:17 PST 2003

My wife and I would like to add our own thoughts and memories to those
below.  Mot and I both started our time with SCA in the early 70's, and
it was Dean Halford, Baron Talanque, who was our first and our closest
friend during our time in San Diego.  Mot was baronial bard for some
time, and I remember many a good time with the Baron (or vaguely
remember...some of the hangovers were severe!)  I have lived in
Ansteorra now for over 20 years, but still see myself as a Calafian.  We
heard of his passing from a close friend a couple of days ago and felt a
great sense of loss, both personally and for the Society as a whole.  He
will be missed sorely.  God speed you on your way, Dean, and give
comfort to those who stay behind.

Doug and Martha Schreffler
Lord Douglas Lion of Argyll
Lady Mot Cather