[Ansteorra] Fighting Crown "not to win"

Mahee mahee_of_acre at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 22 06:44:27 PST 2003

Synrik <synrik at earthlink.net> wrote:
Or for that matter, I've seen many a discussion on 'What it is to be a Peer',
but nothing as for what it means to be a squire/protégé/apprentice.

------------- Gustav the Questioning

As a non-apprentice, I had my standards to live up to. As an apprentice, I have my Laurel's standards. I look to her for inspiration and guidence and by seeing what she gives me, I know what I must give others. As an apprentice I have become a child in a new family. I have brothers and sisters, aunts and uncles. Some of these people were people who I already looked up to, but are now an even greater degree in that they are the elders in MY family and greater responcibility because now my actions not only reflect on me, but on my exstended family as well.

Apprentise to Mistress Shanahan

your servant,

mahee