[Ansteorra] Question 1-1

David Hughes davidjhughes.tx at netzero.net
Wed Jan 1 18:48:33 PST 2003

Mahee wrote:
> --
>
> 1. I have heard several times that things have changed since the beginning of the SCA as far as what it takes to become a peer. So, how has it changed?
> your servant,
> mahee

IIRC:
At first, there were only Knights.
Then they added Laurels.
Then Pelican were split off from the Laurels.
Then they added Mastery of Arms to the Chivalry.

Somewhere along the line, the concept of Polling orders was added in
several Kingdoms.

You can probably find older versions of Corpora and see the changes.
Such as:
http://jducoeur.org/justin/hist-corp-v1.html

1971 Corpora, see Volume One, Entry Six for Knights and Laurels

David Gallowglass