[Ansteorra] Who Are You? - 'wolf

jay yeates jyeates at realtime.net
Tue Jan 14 13:23:37 PST 2003

.. looks like fun

> 1. What is your name?

'wolf.  at one time there was a lot more, but that was then ... today simply 'wolf (or blackwolf) serves well enough.

> 2. What are your aspirations?

constant improvement in areas of existing skills, adding new ones as necessity dictates

> 3. What is your favorite color?

sable, setoff in argeant ... proper colors for the "riders" i run with.  even registered a device a *long* ways back in those colors.

> 4. What is your means of transportation?

primarily: Raven (more properly, "badbh")... a product of the master crafters of my race (mundanely a custom '90 FLST harley).  secondarily: your basic utility "car" (old indic root term for a wheeled conveyance), in the modern style of a light truck

> 5. Your thoughts on war?

to be avoided as able, to be fought with all resources when it can't.  one of natures true agents of evolution - species and cultural - and one of the most potent agents of change throughout history.

> 6. Do you have a favorite weapon?

either the up "close and personal" (anachro: prefer leaf bladed short swords, in reality big bore handguns) or "reach out & touch someone" styles (again, anachro: javelins, spears, bows and xbows, mundanely: big-bore firearms).  but of the lot, the best weapons i prefer are stealth, cunning, and boldness (i come from a long line of keltoi/tsalagi raiders)

> 7. Favorite food?

wild game of any type ... veneson, bison, etc.

> 8. Favorite drink?

toss up between the "black wine" (guiness) or exotic single malts.

> 9. Are you in love?

aye ....

> 10. Who is your favorite monarch

in the game ... my long time blood-bro, Viscount Sir Sean MacFlamm of Ravensward ... had regular drinks with the boyo last night.  historically *many* ....

> 11. What is your favorite item of clothing?

again a toss up between my riding jacket or broad brimmed hat ("mad dogs and ansteorans go out in the mid-day sun")

> 12. From where do you hail?

in the game and in reality, from the wilds of ulster and the eastern forests of iargleann (arcadia)

> 13. Where do you reside?

in the hills of central ansteora.  near, but not of bryn gwlad.  you can usually find self at Sir Seans holdings (aka: Gracepoint) or at the new eastern holding working with the horses & hounds.

> 14. Are part of a house/clan/or family?

a long standing, un-named one made up of rebel scadians, pagans, wiccan, drumemrs, bikers, and other "outlaws" ... all keltoi to the heart & soul.

> 15. What do you fear?

mediocrity

> 16. What excites you?

learning new things & skills ... finding new facets of self to develop.  and always the wind on my face while screaming down the roads on Raven (see above)

> 17. What is the one thing you can't live without?

libraries .. real & virtual

> 18. Say something nice about the one who sent this to you?

of most of the scadian lists, this is one of the better ones, thanks primarily to Pug and his efforts.

> 19. Your favorite way to pass the time?

research / making / working with the animals / working on the machines / parctice with arms.

> 20. What's next for you?

for my people, rebuilding the clanns armoury and getting the members better trained.  personally, relearning equine riding & training skills.

> 21. Who is your favorite hearld?

Erazmirez Waspanenskie (my best attempt at his polish name) .. aka Gray Raven

'wolf